The YMCA strives to be Here for All, regardless of ability to pay. Each year, donations to our Annual Campaign support Y Financial Assistance, enabling need-based subsidies for memberships and programs. Apply for financial assistance at any Dane County Y facility.
This information pertains to Membership and Programs only. For financial assistance related to child care, please click HERE.
Required Documentation for Financial Assistance Application for membership and programs.
Please demonstrate your need for Y Financial Assistance by providing your household income through the following documentation:
- Previous tax year’s Form 1040 (for household gross income)
1040 line 22
1040a line 15
1040ex line 4
- If you receive Dane County Assistance, all pages of your most-recent “About Your Benefits” statement.
Alternate (when required documentation above is unavailable)
If you do not file taxes or do not have an “About Your Benefits” statement, please provide two of the following documents:
- Social Security SSI
- Social Security Disability SSDI
- Free School Lunch Program eligibility info
- Child Support for dependent children
- Unemployment checks (need four weeks of income)
- Pay stubs (current month)
- Section 8 records from landlord