Effective Feb. 1, 2021
Your YMCA is excited to offer facility access at 50% capacity, in-person and virtual group fitness classes, programs and other amenities! We continue to follow CDC and Public Health Madison & Dane County guidelines to keep members and staff safe and healthy. Scroll down to review the current protocols for specific facility areas and programs like fitness centers, classes, pools and gyms.
Monday-Thursday: 6:00 am-8:00 pm
Friday: 6:00 am-6:00 pm
Saturday: 6:00 am-2:00 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am-2:00 pm
Continuing Safety Protocols:
- Members and staff must wear face masks inside our facilities at all times; face masks may be removed while swimming, in showers and in cases of medical exception.
- Staff may wear additional personal protective equipment (PPE) like face shields and/or gloves for your protection and theirs.
- Members must practice social distancing, maintaining at least six feet between themselves and others.
Visiting Your Branch to Workout:
- Self-screen before you visit the Y. If you don't feel well or are running a temperature, please stay home.
- Maintain social distance while you're at the Y: during workouts, in lockerooms, in the pool ... help limit the spread!
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently (and/or use hand sanitizer), especially when entering and leaving our facilities.
- Again, wear your mask at all times.
General Facility Information:
- Branches operate at up to 50% capacity
- Staff will sanitize and disinfect common areas throughout the day.
- Bottle-filling stations and water fountains are open; you may want to bring a refillable drink bottle to stay hydrated during workouts.
- Visual reminders of all guidelines are posted throughout our facilities to help staff and members stay safe.
- Member guest passes are accepted, and AWAY members are welcome!
- Visitors may purchase Day Passes (does not include pool usage).
- Vending machines are available for member use.
These amenities are temporarily unavailable:
- Workout Child Watch
- Actively Aging Day Pass program on Wednesday mornings
- Complimentary coffee
- Saunas and the Sun Prairie Family Pool
- ForeCore Community Fitness (West) and MX4 (East)
All protocols are consistent with local, state and national public health guidelines. Watch this page, your email and social media for new information.
Our gyms are available for limited open basketball.
- Multiple baskets are available at each branch at various times throughout the day.
- Play is limited to one individual (age 13 and up) per basket or one family of three people or less per basket.
- Players under age 13 must be accompanied by parent or guardian from their household (family membership).
- Players must remain at their designated hoop; no group play or pickup games allowed in order to maintain social distance.
- Please limit use to one hour when others are waiting.
Please check branch gym schedules for open basketball hours.
- Up to 50% capacity is allowed; please wear your mask and maintain social distance at all times.
- Members should wash hands with soap and water and/or use hand sanitizer before and after workouts.
- Please sanitize all equipment BEFORE and AFTER use. When you enter the fitness center, a staff member will ask you to take a bottle of sanitizing spray and towel. Please use these on any equipment you use throughout your visit, and leave in the designated receptacles by the exit on your way out.
- Free weights are available.
- Please limit your time in the fitness center to one hour during busy times.
- Lap swimming is available with limited pool capacities. When all lanes are in use, please remain on the pool deck until a lane opens. Please limit your time in the pool to one hour during busy times.
- Family swim is now available in designated lap lanes on a first-come, first-served basis. One family per lane (max of four (4) lanes available for open swim) for up to 30 minutes per family. A parent or guardian over age 18 must be present in the pool area with any children under 16 and is encouraged to be in the water with children. No pool equipment is available.
- Private swim lessons are available on a limited basis.
- Masters Swim is available at the East Y on Tue and Thu, 7:00-8:00 pm, for up to 15 participants. Limited to two (2) participants per lane with eight eight lanes available.
- The Sun Prairie Family Pool is temporarily unavailable.
Please review the pool schedules before stopping in to swim.
Group Fitness Classes
Check the group fitness schedule at your branch to review expanded class offerings.
- In-person class capacity is limited to 10 participants. For cycling classes, the number of cycles available may be less depending upon room size and social distance guidelines. Check the class schedule for your branch.
- A wide variety of online classes are available to members through our Virtual Y platform.
- Some water fitness classes are available; check your branch's schedule.
- Members can bring their own towels, mats and hand weights to class as-needed. Some BodyPump and CXWORX equipment and kettlebells and dumbbells will be available in classes as-appropriate, and members should sanitize their own equipment before and after use.
- In-person and virtual personal training is available.
- Locker room and shower use is available to all facility users.
- Please remember to wear your mask and maintain social distance in lockerooms.
Facilities Temporarily Unavailable
The following facility areas are temporarily unavailable; please check facility schedules for more information.
- Workout Child Watch
- East and West saunas
- Sun Prairie Family Pool
- FourCore Community Fitness At West and MX4 at East