As Dane County continues its phased reopening, Your YMCA is excited to offer expanded facility access, increased class capacities and some additional programs and amenities! Now in Phase 2, we continue to follow CDC and public health guidelines to keep members and staff safe and healthy. Scroll down to review updated protocols for specific facility areas like fitness centers, group exercise classes, pools and gyms.
Monday-Thursday: 6:00 am-8:00 pm
Friday: 6:00 am-6:00 pm
Saturday: 6:00 am-2:00 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am-2:00 pm
Continuing Safety Protocols:
- Members and staff must wear face masks inside our facilities at all times; face masks may be removed while swimming, in showers and in cases of medical exception.
- Staff may wear additional personal protective equipment (PPE) like face shields and/or gloves for your protection and theirs.
- Members must practice social distancing, maintaining at least six feet between themselves and others.
Visiting Your Branch to Workout:
Step 1, Self Check-In: Scan your membership ID at the card reader in the lobby area.
Step 2, Health Screen: All members and staff will have their temperature checked upon entering the building. Individuals with a temperature over 100.4°F will not be permitted to enter the facility until they are symptom-free for 72 hours.
Step 3, Wash Hands: Please wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving our facilities.
Step 4, Workout: Please proceed to your designated area.
General Facility Information:
- Branches operate at up to 50% capacity
- Staff will sanitize and disinfect common areas throughout the day.
- Bottle-filling stations remain open, and members should bring their own drink bottles to fill and stay hydrated during workouts.
- Visual reminders of all guidelines are posted throughout our facilities to help staff and members stay safe.
These amenities are temporarily unavailable:
- Guest passes
- Actively Aging Day Pass program on Wednesday mornings
- Complimentary coffee
- Vending machines
These protocols will be reevaluated and updated to be consistent with local, state and national public health guidelines. Watch this page, your email and our social media accounts for new information. Additionally, virtual fitness resources remain available for those staying home.
Beginning September 14, our gyms are available for limited open basketball.
- Up to three baskets will be available at each branch by reservation only.
- Call or visit the membership desk at your branch to reserve a one-hour spot.
- Play is limited to one individual (age 13 and up) per basket or one family of three people or less per basket.
- Players under age 13 must be accompanied by parent or guardian from their household (family membership).
- Players must remain at their designated hoop; no group play or pickup games allowed in order to maintain social distance.
Open basketball hours:
- EAST -- Mon/Wed: 6-8 pm; Sat: 11 am-1 pm; Sun: 9-11 am
- Sun Prairie -- Tue/Thu: 6-8 pm; Sat: 11 am-1 pm; Sun: 9-11 am
- West -- Tue/Thu: 6-8 pm; Sat: 11 am-1 pm; Sun: 9-11 am
- Up to 50% capacity is allowed; please maintain social distance at all times.
- Members should wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after workouts.
- Please sanitize all equipment BEFORE and AFTER use. When you enter the fitness center, a staff member will ask you to take a bottle of sanitizing spray and towel. Please use these on any equipment you use throughout your visit, and leave in the designated receptacles by the exit on your way out.
- Free weights and some additional pieces of equipment ARE NOW available.
- Please continue to limit your time in the fitness center to one hour during busy times.
Check out our complete pool schedules before stopping in to swim.
- Lap swimming remains available with pool capacities limited to nine members; one swimmer per lane or two from the same household. When all lanes are in use, please remain on the pool deck until a lane opens. Lane counts by location are: East - eight (8), Sun Prairie - six (6) and West: Six (6). Please limit your time in the pool to one hour during busy times.
- Private swim lessons are now available on a limited basis.
- Open swim is now available in designated lap lanes on a first come, first served basis. One family per lane (max of four (4) lanes available for open swim) for up to 30 minutes per family. A parent or guardian over age 18 must be present in the pool area with any children under 16 and is encouraged to be in the water with children. No pool equipment is available. Open swim hours include:
- EAST Mon-Fri: 12:30-1:30 pm / Mon & Wed: 5:00-8:00 pm / Fri: 4:00-6:00 pm / Sat-Sun: 11:00 am-2:00 pm
- WEST Mon, Wed & Fri: 1-2:30 pm, / Tue & Thu: 6:30-8 pm / Sat: 10:30 am-12 pm / Sun: 12:30-2 pm
- SUN PRAIRIE Mon-Thu: 3:00-5:00 pm / Fri: 3:00-6:00 pm / Sat-Sun: 1:00-2:00 pm
- Masters Swim is now available at the East Y on Tue and Thu, 7:00-8:00 pm, for up to 15 participants. Limited to two (2) participants per lane with eight eight lanes available.
- The JackSplash outdoor splash pad is open at the East Y. Max 20 people at a time on a first come, first served basis.
Group Fitness Classes
Check the group fitness schedule at your branch to review expanded class offerings.
- Class capacity is limited to 10 participants (updated 7/1). For cycling classes, the number of cycles available may be less depending upon room size and social distance guidelines. Check the class schedule for your branch.
- Some water fitness classes are now available; check your branch's schedule.
- Members can bring their own towels, mats and hand weights to class as-needed. Some BodyPump and CXWORX equipment and kettlebells and dumbbells will be available in classes as-appropriate, and members should sanitize their own equipment before and after use.
- In-person and virtual personal training is now available.
- Locker room and shower use is available to all facility users.
- Based on social distancing guidelines, a limited number of lockers and showers will be available.
No Phase 2 Access
The following facility areas remain closed during Phase 2; check our facility schedules for more information:
- Workout Child Watch
- Gyms -- Limited opening on Sep. 14
- East and West saunas and whirlpools
- Sun Prairie family pool
- Kit lockers
- FourCore Community Fitness At West and MX4 at East