We’re Open! It’s been a strange couple of months, but Your YMCA is ready to welcome you back on May 26 at 8 am. While we’re excited to open the doors, keeping members and staff safe and healthy will require things to operate differently as we reopen in phases. We will strictly follow CDC and public health guidelines, so please review the Phase 1 information below so you know what to expect as you return to Your Y. Scroll down to review protocols for specific facility areas like fitness centers and pools.
Phase 1 Operating Hours
- Monday-Friday: 6:00 am-8:00 pm
- Saturday: 6:00 am-2:00 pm
- Sunday: 9:00 am-2:00 pm
Important Safety Protocols
- Please wear masks or face coverings, especially when entering and leaving our buildings.
- Staff will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) like masks and/or gloves for your protection and theirs.
- Members must practice social distancing, maintaining at least six feet between themselves and others.
Visiting Your Branch to Workout
Step 1, Self Check-In: Scan your membership ID at the card reader in the lobby area.
Step 2, Health Screen: All members and staff will have their temperature checked upon entering the building. Individuals with a temperature over 100.4°F will not be permitted to enter the facility until they are symptom-free for 72 hours.
Step 3, Wash Hands: Please wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving our facilities.
Step 4, Workout: Please proceed to your designated area.
General Facility Information
- Staff will sanitize and disinfect common areas throughout the day.
- Bottle-filling stations remain open, and members should bring their own drink bottles to fill and stay hydrated during workouts.
- Visual reminders of all guidelines are posted throughout our facilities to help staff and members stay safe.
- These amenities are temporarily discontinued:
- Facility use by guests and AWAY members
- Actively Aging Day Pass program on Wednesday mornings
- Complimentary coffee
These protocols will be reevaluated and updated to be consistent with local, state and national public health guidelines. Watch this page, your email and our social media accounts for new information. Additionally, virtual fitness resources remain available for those continuing to stay safe at home during Phase 1.
- Capacity is limited to nine members.
- Members should wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after workouts.
- Leave the cleaning to us. All available equipment will feature a sign with “SANITIZED” on one side and “NEEDS ATTENTION” on the other. Staff will disinfect equipment first thing in the morning and again after each use and mark the piece “SANITIZED”. After you use the equipment, simply flip the sign over so that staff can identify the pieces that need disinfecting. Individual spray bottles and towels will be available if you prefer to do your own cleaning, but we ask that you leave the sign at “NEEDS ATTENTION” so we can give it an additional wipe-down.
- Free weights and some other equipment will not be available
- Members are asked to limit their time to one hour in the fitness center during busy times
- Lap swimming only during phase 1.
- Pool capacities are limited to nine members, and lanes are limited to one swimmer per lane or two from the same household. When all lanes are in use, please remain on the pool deck until a lane opens. Lane counts by location are:
- East: Eight lanes
- Sun Prairie: Six lanes
- West: Six lane
- Members are asked to limit their time to one hour in the pool during busy times.
- Whirlpools and Saunas are temporalily closed.
- Equipment will not be available for us during Phase 1.
Lap Swim Schedule:
Monday-Friday 6am-10am; 11am-3pm; 4pm-8pm
Monday-Friday 6am-10am; 11am-3pm; 4pm-8pm
Sun Prairie Pool-
Monday-Friday 6am-11am; 3pm-8pm
Group Fitness Classes
- Class capacity is limited to nine. For cycling classes, the number of cycles available depends upon room size with social distancing in mind. Check the class schedule for your branch.
- Virtual fitness classes continue through Phase 1.
- No personal training, small group training, Four Core Community Fitness or MX4 during Phase 1.
- Locker room and shower use is limited to swimmers only.
- Based on social distancing guidelines, a limited number of lockers and showers will be available.
No Phase 1 Access
- Workout Child Watch is closed.
- Gyms are closed (no basketball or pickleball).
- East and West saunas and whirlpools are closed.
- Sun Prairie’s family pool is closed.
- Kit lockers are unavailable.
- JackSplash at East is unavailable.