As Dane County's largest child care provider, the YMCA is here to support kids and families, even during a pandemic. Especially during a pandemic.
As students return to school this fall through virtual learning, kids and parents alike face unique challenges. Children may struggle to focus and miss the social connectivity that's key to positive child development and growth. Parents may be faced with an impossible choice between working and keeping their children safe and academically engaged at home.
The Y is here to bridge those gaps with our brand new Collaborative Learning Program.
- State-licensed program
- Experienced child care staff will support students through the virtual school day
- Two staff and no more than 15 students per class
- Students grouped by age level as much as possible; siblings can stay together regardless of grade level
- Physical fitness, healthy activities and time outdoors
- Lunch and snacks provided
COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
- Daily health screens including temperature checks for staff and students
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures
- Masks are required and are not provided
Hours and Eligibility:
- Program operates Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-5:30 pm
- Open to students ages 5-12
- East YMCA, 711 Cottage Grove Road, Madison
- Kennedy Elementary, 221 Meadowlark Drive, Madison
- West YMCA, 5515 Medical Circle, Madison
- Epic (satellite facility), 5301 Tokay Boulevard, Madison
- Creekside Elementary, 1251 O'Keeffe Ave, Sun Prairie
- Horizon Elementary, 625 N Heatherstone Drive, Sun Prairie
- Sugar Creek Elementary, 740 N Main Street, Verona
- Olson Elementary, 801 Redan Dr, Verona
Note: Locations may be consolidated or added based upon demand.
Annual Monthly Y Member Price: $150/week*
Weekly payments required two weeks in advance and will be processed each Monday (i.e., payment for week one due Monday, 8/24). Financial assistance available.